Re: Topband: tower vertical

To: John <john@all-the-facts.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: tower vertical
From: Bob Kupps <n6bk@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 04:04:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John

The concrete is not an insulator. Connect a wire to the top and run it down
about 2-3 feet out from and parallel to the tower and feed it with an L network
against ground radials at the base. You will get RF in your rotor cables if you
run them outside the crank up tower so be sure to bypass them with caps to
ground at both ends and use common mode chokes on all feed lines.

GL!