Re: Topband: Effect of current max not at base of vertical

To: W9UCW@aol.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Effect of current max not at base of vertical
From: Pete W2PM <w2pm@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:17:03 -0400 (EDT)
I onvce did a observational study like this with W2JPW who lives 3 miles from
my QTH.  We did the test on all bands from 160 to 2 meters using zero gain omni
directional antennas. On 160, with 1500W he was S5.  On 80 S9 plus,  On 40 S4,
and moderately strong on higher bands except for 17meters where he was very
weak.  All the time we were in QSO on a 2 meter 1.5W portable in each of our
basements with rubber antennas. Full quieting each way.  By the way on the weak
bands he had no issues with QSO success on them so there wasnt anything
inherently bad about his system.

Pete W2PM