Re: Topband: Effect of current max not at base of vertical.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Effect of current max not at base of vertical.
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:45:53 +0000
Milt says:
 > Yet we all know from experience that the WWV radiation performance
> is excellent.

I see N6RK has addressed this statement in his response as well, but I would
like to add that this kind of statement is often heard on the air, "That
antenna of yours there is doing a FB job for you."
I always think, "How do you know? Maybe his antenna is working horribly.  Maybe
the owner has water in his coax, and a resultant 10 db of loss, but the
propagation just happens to be favorable and he is really putting a smashing
signal into your QTH in spite of his 10 db loss."  Turn the thought process
around a bit, and ask ANY ham you talk to how he likes his antenna, how's it
working for him?  Invariably he will tell you it works great, he loves it.  Ask
him how he knows it is working great and he will tell you, "Because of all the
stations I work, who tell me what a great signal I have!!!'  Think about it.

Rick  K2XT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK