Topband: 2011 Topband most-wanted survey

To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 2011 Topband most-wanted survey
From: Garry Shapiro <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:45:44 -0700
Topbanders

Several months ago, I announced on this reflector a most-wanted DXCC
country survey for topband only. It directed topbanders to a site
containing a questionnaire. The survey was driven by myself but
mechanized by Larry, K8UT from a similar survey he had completed for RTTY.

Over the summer, 257 topbanders filled out the questionnaire. Once the
coordinated with me. Nearly all the responses were from North America
and Europe. We apparently failed to adequately reach JA--something to
work on for next year-- and participation from South America and Africa,
as well as the rest of Asia, was statistically insignificant. However,
the tabulated results for NA and EU should be of interest to many
subscribers to this reflector. These results are summarized in two .pdf
documents.

The results are found at http://ni6t.com/survey2011/. Note that the
survey predated the establishment of the Republic of South Sudan, which
is not included.

My thanks to Larry, K8UT for his invaluable assistance to create this
survey. If you find it useful, please credit appropriately.

73,

Garry, NI6T

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK