Topband: Options for a Condo

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Options for a Condo
From: Nand Kishore <vu2nks@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:58:52 +0530
Hi All,
          This my first post here. I live on the top floor of a 14 storey
building.
Got a 3el Steppir with 30/40m addon approx. 40' above my roof. There is
a 80m dipole center suspended from rotor base .

This 80m dipole is broad sided in NW/SE direction. I have managed to work
ZL8X ,VP8ORK on cw and VE7CC on RTTY. The 80m dipole is approx.fullsize.

I have not yet heard a single signal on 160m so far.

Rig used is a K3/100 with sub-rx. Got 400Hz filters for both rx..No boots
yet.
Antenna tuner is XMatch classic low bander.

So,what do I do to hear something/anything on  top band?
I can think of adding to the noise only if I'm able to hear some.

My nearest signals would be UA9,middle east A4,A6,A7, 9K or 9M2.

All advise welcome.

73 de Nandu
           VU2NKS
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK