Topband: End Of The Season (SIGH!)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: End Of The Season (SIGH!)
From: "Diane & Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 14:48:02 -0400
Hi Guys,

Well, it was bound to happen...and to-day it finally did: the XYL announced,
"It's time we started raking the lawns!"---thus ends my 2010-11 Topband
season...!

Still, with the exception of the long run of unusually bad post-Christmas
propagation here, it was an enjoyable five month term: I managed to work a
handful of new countries, & I had fun dabbling in the various contests. One
of the three "L" elements in my antenna is situated in a bushy grove, so
will allow me to keep my hand in the game, albeit at reduced directivity &
gain...

And if that isn't enough to hold my interest, I must say, the 10-meter band
has been chock full of DX surprises here for the past couple of
weeks...never a dull moment at this point of the solar cycle!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK