Re: Topband: 160M Helical Vertical

To: paulkb8n <paulkb8n@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M Helical Vertical
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:33:14 +0000 (GMT)
Here some info on loading coils and current distribution in loaded resonant
antennas.
http://www.k3bu.us/loadingcoils.htm
In the nutshell: efficiency is roughly proportional to the area under the
current curve along the radiator.
It is better to have loading coil or top loading than distributed helical.

Yuri  K3BU.us