Topband: 160 m use

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 m use
From: "Lennart M" <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:39:32 +0200
Have you studied what IARU says about the 160 m bandplan?
To summarize: SSB is allowed "all over the place"!
We can never expect ITU or even the national authorities to take action in
order to divide this band into segments.
With the present statements from IARU any narrow band mode is allowed anywhere
on 160. I suggest we all take action to have frequencies below 1830 protected
from anything but CW.
Above 1830 CW, SSB and RTTY should be allowed separately or in combination, ie
SSB/CW mixed QSO:s.
73
Len
SM7BIC