Topband: Propagation for the SSB test?

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Propagation for the SSB test?
From: "Cecil Acuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 13:35:22 -0600
I know the list is mostly CW enthusiasts but how did propagation seem to you
guys for the SSB test.  A group of us operated Field Day style... generators
and the works.  Had a brief opening to EU in the evening and worked one VK
early in the morning of the first day.  Things didn't seem as good the
second day with less of an opening to the northeast but did manage to work
HI with a better opening to the west.  No DX to be found around our daybreak
both days...bummer.

We're in the deep south and was thankful for no lightning static.

1/4 wave balloon vertical with HI-Z 4SQ RX.

Cecil
K5DL

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK