Re: Topband: To Topband Contesters ( 1 Day After)

To: oz7yy@mail.dk, topband@contesting.com, Gedking@aol.com
Subject: Re: Topband: To Topband Contesters ( 1 Day After)
From: bruce whitney <zuceman@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:27:01 -0800 (PST)
K8OT
I guess I will break my code of silence on this issue.
I haven't really been at this too long - but you might want to keep in mind
that with the extreme conditions of this contest I was running my receive BW
down as low as 20 to 100 HZ many times. I would try and widen it up - just to
get clobbered and not be able to hear anything but extremely strong signals. I
also would wiggle my RIT around a bit - but it is certainly conceivable that
somebody responding to a CQ - if not zero beat - could get missed - at least
for a few cycles maybe.
Bruce W8RA