Topband: Better F Connectors

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Better F Connectors
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:04:12 -0500
I may be the last person on this reflector to catch on to compression F
connectors, but just in case - these things are so much better than the
classical crimp as to defy comparison.  I have never been able to make a
good connector installation on quad shield RG-6, but with the Ideal
33-633 crimper and their connectors, it yields high-confidence
installations with minimum effort.  On the same shelf at Home Depot, I
discovered the DataShark 70029 cutter and stripper - for $9.95 it strips
phone cable, Cat5-5e-6, RG6Quad, RG6, RG59, RG7 and RG11 (if the latter,
then I suspect RG-213 as well).  It is the perfect complement to the
Ideal compression connectors because it automatically and precisely
trims RG-6 family cables to fit perfectly.

--
73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,