Re: Topband: First attempt at beverage antenna, not working as expected

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: First attempt at beverage antenna, not working as expected
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 20:36:16 +1300
Hi Mark,

250ft is VERY short for a TB Beverage.  You will get some F/B, but the
front lobe will be very broad.  Can you extend it at all, maybe asking
some kind neighbours to use a bit of their land?  500 ft is really about
minimum and 1000 ft even better.

73, Greg, ZL3IX

On 2011-01-16 15:14, Mark Lunday wrote:
> My first beverage, I was expecting better results.
>
> I could only roll out 250 feet of new, insulated 14 gauge stranded wire, but
> I did get it consistently about 6 feet above ground.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK