Topband: Patent lawsuit

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Patent lawsuit
From: "W4PV" <w4pv@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:21:38 -0500
Hello all,

This problem arises in all businesses and it was bound to happen in the ham
business eventually.  It is sad that it occurs between 3 excellent companies.
I hope that some reasonable agreement can be reached that is equitable to all
sides and this matter can be put to rest without the need for a trial.  That
(trial) would be hurtful to all parties and the ham community in general.  It
is hard enough to have a ham business that is successful in this or any other
business climate.

As others have said and I agree, that HI-Z uses a different design for its
antennas than other manufactures however this will be an embarrassment to the
entire ham business community and the community as a whole.  I suppose now we
will see law suits seeping into other mundane areas of our hobby as well.  Sad
since we are made up of a community of experimenters and tinkers.

I suppose that now we must put away our soldering irons, screw drivers, drills,
excreta and forget about trying to improve a product.  I always thought this
was the idea of ham radio: idea, invent, improve, and help others to understand
the principals and operation and then they could start the process over.  This
would eventually lead to an excellent product that others, as technology and
knowledge can improve on.

Back to the drawing board: thinking, drawing, drilling, soldering, improving
and maybe an idea that can help someone,

Patrick, W4PV

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK