Re: Topband: Kenwood TS-590S internal birdie on 160?

To: Neil G0JHC <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: Kenwood TS-590S internal birdie on 160?
From: Brad Rehm <bradrehm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 09:11:37 -0600
Neil,

It's there, but it's weak.  It doesn't register on the S-meter, and I
haven't noticed it before because the band noise, even on a quiet
night, covers it up.

I don't think this is anything to be surprised about.  The instruction
manual notes (page 79) that some internal beats are "inevitable when
you use superheterodyne receivers."  It goes on to mention three
frequencies on which you can find signals.

Don't think I'll send my radio back because of this.  All the radios
I've owned have had internal beats.

73,
Brad
KV5V

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Neil G0JHC <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> The TS-590S was reviewed in the January 2011 Radcom, by Peter Hart. It
> received a glowing report, APART from one comment which referred to an
> internal birdie on  1827.5MHz.
>
> Can any 160m users comment further?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil G0JHC