Re: Topband: Any ideas on the legal outcome here?

To: "Bryon PAUL Veal n0ah" <bryonveal@msn.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Any ideas on the legal outcome here?
From: "Cecil Acuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:19:56 -0600
PDS Electronics Inc. or more commonly know as DX Engineering or more
commonly known as W8JI. (all in the public domain) I guess Tom feels Lee's
product design is a copy of his product design marketed through DX
Engineering.

Lee's is significantly different in that it uses Hi Impedance amplifiers at
the antennas that usually eliminates the need for ground radials and helps
improve the performance bandwidth.

Ultimately I guess this will be a battle between Array Solutions and DX
Engineering but the root is as mentioned above is my guess.

Hard to guess the outcome...problem is someone always gets hurt in these
kind of things.

I wish them both the best and hope a solution that will benefit the Amateur
Radio community will result.

Cecil Acuff
K5DL

> In my 16 years as an amateur radio operator, this is one of the only
> lawsuits I’ve seen that might effect a significant product geared towards
> top band-
>

> http://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuit.asp?ID=68409
>
> 73  Paul  N0AH

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK