Topband: SDR/DSP pulls out signals HOW FAR down in the noise?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: SDR/DSP pulls out signals HOW FAR down in the noise?
From: "Alex Goldenberg" <kajotus@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:06:48 -0800
>Has anyone used DSP and/or and SDR to receive extremely weak signals on 160
that
>are buried in the noise?

Hello , Mike and others !

I am using SDR for 160m reception as well as couple of 1000MP connected to
different RX systems ..

The story is pretty long , but I vote for 160M Soft Rock  (using my own
version with a band pass filter  ) with 550 ft BV :.

The only disadvantage - I still have "conventional" PC soundcard with only
48K  sample rate , which does  not cover  whole

band .

AF noise rejection filters works just awesome .   It's still under the test
now , but real exam will happen in a coming CQ WW 160 .

Regards !

Alex VE7IRU

MINS Technologies

5708 Heather Place, Nanaimo BC