Topband: Which antenna for the 160M ARRL contest, EU to US.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Which antenna for the 160M ARRL contest, EU to US.
From: Ffive VHN <f5vhn@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:17:51 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

My club has access to a water tower, which is about 35m (115ft)high and has a
mast of about 6m (20ft).
We would like to participate in the ARRL 160m contest.

For RX we can install a beverage.

But for transmitting ?

I do not have much time to put the antenna and the water tower is situated in
the corner of the land.

If we say the direction to the US is the forward direction, I do not have much
(any) space behind the tower or to the left hand side. But to the US I have
quite a bit of space available.

Ideas,
Inverted V, (apex at 40m, 130ft)
1/4 wave vertical with one elevated radial (towards the US)
1/2 wave vertical with a capacity hat ??? May work ....? But could take time to
install.
Some sort of delta loop..... But how to fit it in and feed it?

Thanks for your ideas,

Robert G0HGW/F5VHN at F6KCP (photo of the tower on QRZ.com.)
F5VHN (at) yahoo (dot) com

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK