Re: Topband: high SWR problem with RG214

To: s59a@siol.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: high SWR problem with RG214
From: sasas asasas <tzitzikas_ee@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 06:21:02 -0700 (PDT)
hi and thank you for your answers. if i put a capacitor 180pf, i will have
180pf before the variable capacitor and 180pf after the variable capacitor. it
is ok?
Look a schematic about my connection before (with low swr) and after (with high
swr).
i would like to have the variable capacitor before the coax 2m (between
transmitter and the start of 2m coax) because i have put the capacitor inside a
box with motor oil and i would like to protect it from the rain. If i put the
variable capacitor between coax feeder and antenna's feedpoint then i must put
it out of the transmitter's metal house and i will have problems with the rain.
the schematic
http://tzitzikas.site90.net/files/swr_antenna.JPG