Re: Topband: 2-Way Splitter

To: "'GALE STEWARD'" <k3nd@yahoo.com>, "'topband reflector'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2-Way Splitter
From: "Craig D. Smith" <craig@powersmith.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:06:23 -0600
Hi Gale ...

Some of the MiniCircuits 3 db hybrids will cover your frequency range.  I
think they were in the $30 - $35 range last time I looked.

A better option, given that you are open to doing some building, is the new
3 db splitter kits being offered by Jack Smith at Clifton Labs -
www.cliftonlaboratories.com.   These are "parts only" kits - you supply your
own enclosure and connectors.  The small Hammond diecast boxes are ideal.
No PCB is needed.  The kit is only $5, or two for $9.  Includes all the
cores, wire and capacitors.  Look for Z10050A under "current products" on
his website.  While there you can see performance curves and also download
the instruction manual.  They cover a frequency range from 300 KHz to almost
100 MHz if I remember correctly.  If you have a well stocked junk box, just
the instructions, schematic, etc. may be all you need.

73   Craig  AC0DS

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK