Topband: compact spiral loaded vertical dipole

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: compact spiral loaded vertical dipole
From: Rik van Riel <riel@surriel.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:40:33 -0400
I have modeled a "compact" spiral loaded vertical dipole for
160m, taking up a total amount of 6x6x17 meters space.  It
is vaguely inspired by the tak-tenna design (though I believe
that has some significant differences in how the spiral is
connected).

It looks like it should not perform much worse than a 160m
dipole (which takes up about 80 meters of horizontal space)
for low angle signals.

I appreciate any comments people may have :)

http://surriel.com/radio/160-meter-vertical-spiral-loaded-dipole

--
All rights reversed.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK