Re: Topband: Antenna Modeling

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna Modeling
From: Nick <magicnickus@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:12:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,Just an update on an old discussion. I am not a topband operator  but I
use this list to understand as much as I can about it.
I use antenna modeling as much as I can before getting into the trouble of
building something and I think that for 160m this is a necessity. When I
started using modeling programs i was only driven by what I knew about antennas
but I needed more.So,I did a google search for more tutorials and I found the
"ARRL Antenna Modeling Course Book by L.B. Cebik" online. I think it is part of
some antenna course but for some reason it is not adequately protected so you
can download it for free!On goole, enter as search term
"site:wm2.ctdlc.org/webmentor/courses/rds/search/" and all the results are the
chapters of the book. After reading all the chapters, I understood antenna
modeling much better and I am more confident on my modeling work.I know that
this may be a copyright infringment, so proceed at your own responsibility.Best
regards,Nick