Topband: Inverted L?

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inverted L?
From: Ron Bowman <w8vzmron@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:42:01 -0400
Hello all!
At my new QTH I finally have room for 160m antennas and a rig that has 160m
at the same time! I have a number of tall trees and am thinking of using one
as a support for the vertical part of the inverted L. Of course it would
need to be away from the trunk as much as possible, I think I can manage 6
feet or so out and 50-60 ft up. Plenty of other trees for the end support.
Location of the tree is good for radials so that will not be a problem. I am
thinking remotely operated cap for tuning. Not sure of the value needed. I
figure this will be better than my 204' G5RV inv. vee @ 55'. I also have
plans for beverage rx antenna(s).

Questions

1. What am I forgetting?

2. Value for variable cap?

3. Wire size / type?

--
Ron W8VZM

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man.

Thomas Jefferson
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK