Topband: HARDLINE CONNECTORS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HARDLINE CONNECTORS
From: "Mr Magoo" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 17:51:57 -0400
I have acquired some connectors for 1/2" Commspec JCKASS hardline which I wish
to use to feed my new vertical array.  These particular connectors are for
terminating in a junction box, and the centre conductor of the cable inserts
into a spring-type "receiver" in the connector similar to that found on the
jacket side of Andrew Heliax connectors.

It would appear that pressure on this "receiver" increases as one tightens the
threaded nuts on the connector.  My question is this: is a strictly mechanical
connection such as this liable to break down under a KW or more RF?  Has anyone
on the list used similar connectors in a transmitting application?  Would I be
better to make my own connectors for this cable using brass plumbing parta? (I
don't think I can afford the commercial units!!)

Bill, VE3NH
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK