Re: Topband: Grounded half square/half loop detuning

To: Petr Ourednik <indians@xsmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Grounded half square/half loop detuning
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:34:33 -0400
Hi, Petr,

If BOTH ends of the wire are disconnected from ground and float with
nothing attached during RX, the wire is roughly three quarter wave on
160.  3/4 wave is an anti-resonant length with both ends floating.  It
should be easy to test the effect on your RX antenna.  If you still
have the problem, it may be that you have *more than one* device to
detune, or it may be a problem with the RX antenna itself.

73, Guy.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK