Topband: Reactance

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Reactance
From: David Cole <g3rcq@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:17:56 +0000 (GMT)
I have an 80m vertical 62ft 6in high tuned against 120 -  70 foot radials - I
am trying to achieve a base impedance of 25 j0.

The current configuration shows 26 j18 - I have put a capacitance of 38pf from
the base of the vertical to the radial system and this gives me 25 j15.

How do I get rid of the imaginary reactance of j15

The reason why this is critical is that I need 100ohms j0 at the end of a 90
degree length of 50 ohm coax, any small variation away from 0j at the input
makes a large change in the required 100 j0

Dave RCQ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK