Re: Topband: Amplifier Help

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Amplifier Help
From: GEORGE WALLNER <gwallner@the-beach.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:12:26 -0500

  Niko Cimbur <ac6dd@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can something like this be easily done?
> I am not familiar with the two 750W amps they have, but
> Would it be possible to build a 4 square and feed each
>element with its own amplifier and switched phase delay?

Niko,

I have done this with a two element array and it worked
great. Phasing control is much easier at low power levels,
i.e. ahead of the amplifiers. You have to ensure that each
antenna is matched properly. (I used LC matching
circuits.) Driving a 4SQ is more complex but should be
possible.

George, AA7JV

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK