Topband: I am not dead yet - Boring Report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: I am not dead yet - Boring Report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 09:07:09 -0800
While many people are reporting big openings on 12 meters and the solar flux
numbers are up in the 90's - one might think the good openings on topband are
not going to happen.

Last night - I could just hear OM2XW at 0529Z and I managed to work him.  I
then found S50U calling the TX4 with a good signal.  After some encouragement
from DF2PY, I called a few CQs and Wolf came right back with a 579 signal.
It seemed the path was skewed to the east some as the signals were better on
my 70 degree beverage than my 20 degree one.  I could not hear the SMs - but
managed to work a hand full of the PA's that were working the contest - along
with S50U, IV3PRK, OK2PAY and OZ1CTK.

It will be interesting to see if this more eastern path becomes the norm with
increased solar activity.

73 Tree N6TR
Boring, OR
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK