Re: Topband: SDR-IQ experience during CQ 160 contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: SDR-IQ experience during CQ 160 contest
From: Björn Mohr <bm@broadcast.se>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 10:37:45 +0100
On 31 jan 2010, at 19.00, Tree wrote:

> A few days before the CQ 160 CW contest, I received my new SDR-IQ "receiver"
> from HRO.  It is a small box - with a USB cable and a BNC connector for
> the antenna.  The power for it comes from the computer via the USB cable.

Hi Tree and TB'ers,

I have been considering a SDR RX just for monitoring the band, but also as a
remote second RX. How do you find the performance of the SDR-IQ compared to
your K3 or other high end RX?

I am curious to hear feedback from anyone who has an SDR RX, would it make a
good second RX for DX work?

Björn Mohr | bm@broadcast.se | Facebook
Telephone | +46-8-559 25 745 | Skype

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK