Topband: gamma matched tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: gamma matched tower
From: "john" <jb@beaumonts.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:58:41 -0000
gamma wire spacing what the general opinion is regarding wire size and spacing
from the tower. I have at the moment twin speaker cable 2x2.5mm multistranded
copper spaced about 3ft from the tower. Disreagrding the matching, is it more
efficient to have the wire closer or further away from the tower, I have also
prepared some supports and cut some heavy duty cable ready to make a 3 wire
triangular shaped cage (As in DXing on the edge K1ZM adopted).
I just wondered if it would make any difference before I take the tower down
again.

73 John G4eim
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK