Re: Topband: TB:160, what a night.......

To: <n5ia@zia-connection.com>, "Topband" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TB:160, what a night.......
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:20:09 -0600
<<<<<>>>>>>
Mark Lunday wrote:

> Interestingly, I seemed to have a pipeline
> to MN in the recent ARRL 160 contest.
>
> Rick N6RK

Think about it Rick.  Is there much else to do in the upper Midwest in the
dead of winter?

Same here though.  Lots of MN stations in my NM log.

Milt, N5IA
<<<<<>>>>>>

Now I will admit, I'm not BIG TIME on 160, but I do participate. AND there are
lots of things to do up here in the dead of winter when the band(s) are
dead...... split wood, clear snow, snowmobile, ice fish, build antennas.......
that's a BIG one. Everyone knows that the lower the temp is when you put up an
antenna the better it works....... sometimes by several db's!!!!!! It's not ALL
radio.
There's also hot tubs, saunas...... the list is endless!!!!!!!!!!!!  (The
preceding was typed with tongue in cheek)

73 es GDDX
K9WN  Jake  in the Frozen Upper Midwest
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK