Re: Topband: topband: Web Based Receivers..

To: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: topband: Web Based Receivers..
From: Victor Goncharsky <us5we@bk.ru>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 13:20:11 +0300
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
To: topband@contesting.com

> I have listened to a local station continuously calling over dxpedition
> stations with no break in transmission for minutes at a time...This is a
> good indicator that that station is listening to an internet connected
> radio...
This common "non-stop calling" operating practice has nothing to do with WEB
based receivers but rather poor receiving and bad operating skills.
If one uses WEB receiver he can easily calculate the actual delay by listening
to the pile-up frequency and act accordingly.

73, Vic US5WE/K1WE

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK