Topband: A ham who uses his own weight in ferrites

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A ham who uses his own weight in ferrites
From: "Carl Clawson" <carlclawson@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 10:51:31 -0800
I stumbled across this article on common mode noise somewhere:

http://www.yccc.org/Articles/W1HIS/CommonModeChokesW1HIS2006Apr06.pdf

Looking at the extensive choking at this station, I am astounded. For
example, I've never heard of anyone choking entire mains branches at the
breaker panel (his Fig. 14). Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention.
But...

Not that I plan to start knocking holes in my walls and filling junction
boxes with ferrite any time soon, but I'm curious how far others have had to
go.

73 & thanks,
Carl WS7L

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK