Topband: European SDR on 160 meters

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: European SDR on 160 meters
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 09:47:36 +1100
Hi all...There has been rumors of  a couple of topband dxers in VK
making use of SDR technology...As far as I am concerned it is plainly
cheating if one claims a Dx contact using an SDR located in another Dx
zone as a receiving aid...

I certainly wouldn't confirm a contact if I found out that an SDR was
used to make it...

Real hams stand on their own two feet..Most of the fun of topband is
striving to make the home station as efficient as is possible...If
future contacts are going to be legitimised using SDR technology, then
those users certainly are not welcome in my radio shack..

Happy New Year for 2010..

73...Bob..VK3ZL..
"160-meters is a band for men, not for sissies!" - SM5EDX