Re: Topband: A little off topic

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: A little off topic
From: k3ky@radioprism.com
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:31:21 -0700
Good going, Trent-

I'm a bit of a packrat myself, and have dozens and dozens of those
power supplies. In addition to saving money, there is one more
benefit from hoarding them. Some accessory electronics come with
switcher type 'wall warts'. Much of older electronics used linear
types. If you should encounter a noisy switcher, replace it with a
heavier but silent linear type to kill any RFI it might be making
in your shack.

Happy holidays, all!

73, David K3KY