Topband: Interfearance on 1803 to 1835

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Interfearance on 1803 to 1835
From: "Dave Anderson, K4SV" <davek4sv@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:49:05 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,

In the last week I have noticed a wide band signal appear between 1803 to about
1835.  It has QSB and fades in a and out.  Thinking this was local I checked
with fellow top band ops in the stae and they hear this signal also.

I hear the signal coming from the NE (receive 4 sqaure) from my QTH in em85wf.
On a narrow band CW receiver it sounds like a rushing sound fading in and out.
When I listen on AM I hear a loud buzz.  On LSB/USB I hear a less pronounced
buzz.  On my spectrum scope on my IC7800 I see the signal starting at about
1803 KHz extending up to about 1835.  It appears as a hard comb.  I live in an
area with no receive noise.

Dale N4NN reports the signal from the North /NE.  Bill W4ZV hears it North.

Can I ask that you listen.  If you do not have a spectrum scope as you tune
between 1801 and 1805 you can hear the rushing/buzz start and stop as you tune
through it.  Once I get several reports from other stations outside of NC I
will use the reports to get commertial DFing help.

Please post or send me your reports directly to davek4sv@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,

Dave Anderson, K4SV
Tryon, NC