Re: Topband: Different Power Line noise thread

To: k5oai.sam@gmail.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Different Power Line noise thread
From: w2pm@aol.com
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:17:48 -0500
One thing that really got their attention here was when I wrote to the
local PTA and CC'd the newspape regarding the "radiation off the power
lines" which run past a grammar school.  Its been measured at -65dBM 50
ft from the edge of the wires and I explained that's 20 - 30X stronger
than a Cell site standing 50 ft from it's base. And added thats a
single cell site, but this radiation was all along the entire line ...
    Added copy of FCC letter to CEO and now there's a petition going
around forcing them to remove the power lines!   (brilliant move by the
public who also complains about cell towers and can't live without
cellular calls) BUT this works for me ...

Pete W2PM