Re: Topband: N7UA Does It Again!

To: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Topband: N7UA Does It Again!
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 05:23:40 -0800
Bill Tippett wrote:

>Just to prove N7UA's win last year was no fluke, check out Bob's SOSB/160
>CQWW score below.  The top Multi-Multi scores from the East Coast are about
>380/22/83 and the highest single op score I've seen so far was KT1V at
>306/18/65.  Another truly incredible job by Bob!
>
>I hope you Left Coasters are enjoying these great over-the-pole
>conditions...unfortunately they will not last forever!
>
>73,  Bill  W4ZV

I was at my remote site north of Los Angeles goofing around this year (I
have some low inverted V's hung for 80, 40, 20 and 15). The only 160
antenna I have up right now is a single 20' tall top-load W8JI style
receive vertical. This is part of a 4 square array that I am still in
the process of building. Despite a bit of powerline noise, I was amazed
that I could hear EY8MM coming through at my sunrise on Sunday morning.
There was the usual QSB, but he was solid Q5 at times. I wish I could
have recorded it, but the soundcard in my laptop won't route to the
line-in jack for some reason. N6DX and W6RJ were calling, but neither of
them got a response (at least while I was listening). Amazing job by
Nodir to put out a signal like that from so deep inside Asia. Hearing
him was an real thrill.

73, Mike W4EF...........