Re: Topband: The band was alive -

Subject: Re: Topband: The band was alive -
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 08:34:26 -1000
Yes agree, the fish beacons have been extremely loud the past few days,
with several on the same freq as Carribean DX at my sunset, making
copy next to impossible,  but alas they were listening for Eu only so
nothing lost.
Eu signals the past few days are either none at all or so weak that copy
is not possible,  today at sunrise TX3, A31 etc were all strong of course.
while I was trying to QSO UA6MF with no success, SV8CKM called
me on freq,  very nice 559 signal,  no others heard,  spot propagation?
So it pays to call cq or keep a sharp ear out for paths that we may
think are closed but have spot propagation.
I have to admit I am really spoiled after the 19th and 20th of this month,
on the 20th I put over 105 EU in the log, dont know if we will see
another blast of propagation like that this season or not,  I sure hope so.
So mean while its back to straining to hear and improving beverages etc
for the next opening.
73 Merv KH7C