Topband: Remove/reduce RF in control cables

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Remove/reduce RF in control cables
From: Gerard Jendraszkiewicz <jend@uchicago.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:39:53 -0600
Hello,

A question for the group ? I have a Inverted L with a good ground radial
system. The tuner (Collins 180) is mounted at the base of the antenna.
This allows me to use the antenna for 160-30M. I have 2 sets of control
lines that are used for the roller inductor and vacuum capacitor. When
using the antenna on 160 and 80 I get some RF back down the control
cables an into the shack. I also get some RF into my antenna switching
control cable (WX0B sixpack). Now the question, whats the best way to
eliminate the RF pickup ??

Any ideas welcome ??

Thanks in advance !

73, Jerry, KE9I