Topband: TX3

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: TX3
From: "John Harden, D.M.D." <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:35:42 -0500
I got the TX3 on 160 this morning well after sunrise at 7:05 am EST. He
came right out of the noise with a good signal here in Atlanta, GA.

I used my new shunt fed Rohn 45G 100 foot tower with 32 radials laid
during the summer. It has a good capacity hat with rotary antennas from
80-10 meters.

My receiving antenna is a DX Engineering 240 foot reversible beverage
(SW/NE) fed with RG-6/U quad shield and an ICE 160 only preamplifier.
Being on a 1 acre city lot I feel like I have arrived in the promised land.

73,

John, W4NU
(K4JAG 1959 to 1998)