Re: Topband: this morning

Subject: Re: Topband: this morning
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 07:31:33 -1000
Last night produced some very loud signals from EU at my
sunset 0400Z.  So I figured that conditions would be decent
at sunrise,  far exceeded my expectations, I arrived on scene
at 1517Z and there was OH0/DK1MAX booming in,  snagged
him for a new one,  moved up the band and called cq,  the
pile was as good as 20 meters,  was able to put 60 Eu stations
in the log before the sun was full up here around 1630Z.
SV9 called in for another new one also.
Really a great day on 160 when 2 new ones are in the log plus
many new calls from EU.  I missed a lot of callers,  ran out of
propagation at daylight, just did not get all in the log.
Will be back again tomorrow of course.
Thanks to all .. made my day.   73 Merv KH7C