Re: Topband: AAARRRAAGH ##$!@@!!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: AAARRRAAGH ##$!@@!!
From: "JOHN" <shore1@xplornet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:27:26 -0800
I still find it hard to believe that with the advent of antenna analyzers,
dummy loads, wattmeters, etc, that there is the need to tune up on any
frequency at all. Every amateur should have in their shacks these tools so
that we DO NOT cause interference to others. This was they way I was taught
when I got my ticket, so has this all changed... is it ok for all of us to
load up that loop or inverted-L with a 1500 watt tone, in my eyes
deliberately interfering with others not to mention that horendous noise on
the band it creates, just to get that one 59 3 second contact? Please tell
me this is ok?