Topband: Help me understand!

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Help me understand!
From: "Phil LaMarche" <plamarc1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:42:41 -0500
I have a inverted L with the vertical section approximately 67 feet.
Looking at SWR, it is almost flat w/o a tuner.  At 1.845 power out is 50
watts and at 1.880 power out is 100 watts.  If I throw in the Palstar AT2K
tuner and tune at 1.845 to flat, the power is 100 watts.  How did I pick up
the 50 watts when with and w/o the tuner is flat?  I'm sure it's a simple
answer.

Thanks  Phil

Philip LaMarche
LaMarche Enterprises, Inc.