Topband: QSB on steriods

To: 160 reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: QSB on steriods
From: N7DF <n7df@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 04:31:55 -0800 (PST)
This morning the QSB was really extreme
 it sounded like meteor scatter does on 10 meters
signals were well over S9 one second and then just dissappeared into the noise
within a second or two only to return full strength a second or so later
Both fish bouys and stations heard showed the same thing
if the noise level had not been constant I would have thought that I had a
loose connection on my antenna
Maybe the extremely low solar wind or the departing sunspot has something to do
with it