Topband: 3D2KJ is over

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3D2KJ is over
From: "Polkram" <polkram@it.pl>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:32:28 +0100
Dear TB fellows!

We are safe back home, me and my friend (other Jacek) 3D2MJ/SP5EAQ. Return
trip From Fiji, over LA, took us almost 40 hours.

First of all, I would like to apologize my low activity on 80 meters band.
Explanation is simple, in fact I don't very much like 80 meters band, and I
do like 160m very much. Having most of the nights 160 meters open somewhere,
I didn't  like to waste time for 80m. 80 meters band is pretty easy, TB
needs  lots  more efforts, dedication, space and luck. So I stayed on TB.

Secondly , I did not expect such good conditions, allowing to work so many
Europeans'!

USA/JA seemed to be easy, but EU openings were always such a surprise for
me. I did not realize before I can work so many EU's  from 3D2, even then,
when propagation was reaching, in the best case, ON, PA, DL only.

Some equipment problems were caused by my own stupidity and rush, when I was
asked to change the band! All dx-pedition was suffering from much  lower
output power than was planned, and Jacek 3D2MJ/SP5EAQ has lost two whole
days to put into a life my amplifier, moreover, using most of his amp
spares.

My dear friend Jacek 3D2MJ/SP5EAQ!  On this special forum, I would like
thank you  very, very much. Without your determination and support, I would
never be able to make so many TB QSOs. Thank you once again!

Everyone knows what a great role was playing Rys SP5EWY. We never planned to
have a pilot, we did not feel we might really need one, but time showed that
the position of pilot was very much needed and Rys took this role in the
fantastic shape. Being our informal pilot he did much better than other
official pilots!! Rys, thank you so much!

And finally,  I would like to thank the whole TB community, Guys you brought
me a big, big satisfaction, so many thrill and all of you, turned my small
holidays to unforgettable dx event.

Gentlemen, some figures at the end:

Close to 1900 QSO were made,  I think it is not bad as for one man effort.

Except one EA8, no Africa stations were  worked, however , I kept an ear
open for friends from ZS land. Only one 4X was worked (of course AMI 4X4DK),
very few S. Americans but we all  knew them very well.

Europe: G3SED, GM3POI, outstanding operators are in the log from UK/Scotland
only, ON4WW Mark and ON4UN John from Belgium only, no France, Spain,
Portugal - very sorry, only 14 QSO,s with DL : among them  DL8QS, DG1CMZ,
DL3DXX, DK2PH, DL8YHR, DF3CB.

SP: would you believe close to 20 stations!!!  Never expected we had so many
active TB stations in SP!!!

LA: two stations only LA3XI, LA6YEA, SM and OH many, many of them, PA six
only, nice amount of OM, OK, HA

To make this story short:

EU total is 360 QSO,s

JA total is 350 QSO,s

VK/ZL total is 51 QSO,s

USA total is 857 QSO,s including Hawaii, Alaska, and KV4FZ

Canada total is 52 QSO,s

Asiatic part of Russia total is 27 QSO,s

The rest are different countries, like PY, LU, CX, HK, TX5SPA, BV, HL, ZK3T,
XE, 4X, K4M, 3D20CR, 3D2, FK, H44, V6, FO, EY8, EA8.

Once again, I would like to thank all of you that I had pleasure to work
with  from Fiji, and I would likt to  apologize to those, I did not manage
to pull out.

Will do my best next time.

73

Jacek SP5DRH/3D2KJ