Re: Topband: QSLing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QSLing
From: "Thomas Hoeppe" <thomas.hoeppe@asamnet.de>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:02:23 +0100
Unbelievable, but true: In Germany we need 1,70 Euros for a oversea letter.
So if you add 3 dollars to a QSL request to Germany, the 30 cents left will
just cover the costs for the QSL, not more! There is no "donation" left!
Nobody gets rich, hi.
I know a German manager, who is collecting the letters with unsufficient
postage (2 dollars mostly), prepares the letters and takes them to a trip to
the Czech Republik. It takes a bit more time, but the everyone gets his
card...even without postage covered! A perfect service, I would say...

So I am happy about every manager, who just wants the costs covered!
Otherwise I ask myself why there are so much managers without using
buro-systems! When I made my license I learned: "A manager is a HAM in a
land with QSL service, making the QSL traffic for somebody in a land without
QSL service."
That seems not be true nowadays...in too much cases you don't have the
decision if you send direct or via buro!

73s from Bavaria!

Tom, DJ5RE/DL0AO
www.hoeppe.name