Topband: Time for a new topic

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Time for a new topic
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:51:08 -0700
All - This thread about the east coast advantage has been a good one,
but I think it is time to move on.

I think we can all agree that various areas have advantage in the
contests - or the pursuit of DXCC or WAZ.  Also - some contests do a
better job of equalizing the playing field than others.

I do have a couple of comments:

1. If you feel the ARRL 160 contest could use some improvement, you are
not alone.  If you have ideas about how to improve the contest, I suggest
you contact your CAC representative or the ARRL and give them your input.

2. If you feel the Stew Perry contest can be improved, the Boring ARC is
all ears.  There have been several tweaks made to the rules over the
years that have been triggered by good open discussion.  A good example is
getting point multipliers for working LP or QRP stations.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net