Topband: How do we get more people on Top band?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: How do we get more people on Top band?
From: "Craig Clark" <jcclark@radiusnorth.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:26:20 -0400
   1.  How do we get more people on Topband?

It is a lot easier to work DX on 20-10 meters and that is one major
impediment to getting folks on top band. When the high bands open up, only
the faithful are left on 160 meters.

As has been stated, you do not need acres of land to get on the band. You
just need an interest. You also need to be able to deal with noise; both
atmospheric and manmade.

My interest was fueled as a 160 SWL during my pre Novice and Novice days in
the late 60's. As soon as I got my General in 1972, my first contact was on
160 am with WA1FDV, K1MBI and the "mayor" of Norwalk, W1AR.

Craig K1QX