Topband: How do we get more people on Topband..

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: How do we get more people on Topband..
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:43:53 +1100
Topband has different appeals to different hams..In my experience over
30 years of continuous operating I have seen many come and go, some only
staying briefly while others develop the Topband virus and succumb for
life...There are others like myself who find the challenge of topband is
satisfaction in itself..

I think Brian, that you will find those of us who have brief exchanges
almost daily throughout the year get satisfaction from the fact that we
can "just do it"..It is a test for propogation as the band can conduct
our signals across various paths and can be very unpredictable...

Yes, I think as an exclusive "Brotherhood" we do need to work you at
every opportunity because Topband is probably the most difficult ham
band below 6 meters and it is one place where you will often learn
something new and sometimes outstanding..

I guess that the ON4KST chat would be the closest thing to a Topband
Club along with this Topband list  with a very large and notable
membership...It's here that you can mingle and exchange ideas and band
information to each other and the fellowship there and here is excellent...

73....Bob..VK3ZL..