Topband: Where the deer and the antelope (and an occasional oryx) play

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Where the deer and the antelope (and an occasional oryx) play
From: N7DF <n7df@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 09:16:09 -0700 (PDT)
K0HGW and I recently acquired an interest in a 19,000 acre ranch outside
Carrizozo NM
We have unrestricted use of 140 acres of the ranch for permanent antennas and
related uses and surface access to the rest for temporary uses such as
receiving sites.
Also we have access to an adjacent 60,000 acre tract of BLM land for temporary
antenna installations.
The site is 4 miles off the power grid in rolling, open desert terrain.
We have a small, prefabricated cabin on site with a separate generator shed
containing 1KW, 2.5KW, and 5KW generators.
The noise floor is essentially zero and the ground conductivity is about as
close to zero as you can get.
The property is located at 33 55 08N and 105 54 29W (SW corner) if you want to
look at it on Google Earth.
If anyone is interested in access to the site for antenna experiments or
topband contesting contact me at n7df@yahoo.com.
BTW if you see an oryx it is not the DTs, there really are some out there!
http://www.nps.gov/archive/whsa/oryx.htm